Call the Housing Authority at (360) 479-3694. Explain that you are interested in renting your property through the voucher program and that you would like to speak to the Housing Specialist who would handle your unit. Housing Specialists are assigned specific neighborhoods of specific cities. Have the city and street name of the unit you want to rent available so that we can direct you to the correct Housing Specialist.
Federal regulations do not allow the Housing Authority to subsidize the rent of any participant if the property owner is the parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sister or brother of any member of the participant's household unless as a reasonable accommodation for a family member with disabilities.
As in all tenancies, repairs for tenant-caused damages are the responsibility of the tenant. Failure to make repairs may be grounds to terminate the lease and participation in the Section 8 program. The security deposit may also be used for reimbursement costs.
If a tenant falls behind in the rent or violates any of their lease obligations, you should use the remedy defined in your lease agreement (such as a 3 or 30-day notice).

If you have decided to end the tenancy without cause at the end of the lease term, newly passed state legislation (SB1098) has been interpreted by some housing advocates as requiring ninety days notice to subsidized families. You should consult your attorney for guidance on this issue.
Property owners are entitled to collect a security deposit from Housing Choice Voucher participants. The security deposit cannot exceed amounts collected from non-subsidized tenants and must be in compliance with Washington state landlord and tenant law.

Bremerton Housing Authority
600 Park Avenue
Bremerton, WA  98337

Lobby Hours:
9:00am - 4:00pm Mon-Tue, Thu-Fri
Closed Wednesdays and holidays


Main Number: 360-479-3694
Inclement Weather Hotline: 360-616-7199
Telecommunication for hearing impaired TRS dial 7-1-1.

Back to top