Once you receive notification that you have been awarded a contract, there are several things that will happen:
Contract, Notice to Proceed, and Documentation for the Contract File:
- You will receive a draft contract by email. This contract will include any HUD provisions that are required to be part of the contract as well as the scope of work and part or all of your proposal. You will need to review the contract to determine if you have any questions or need clarification on any items. If you agree to the terms of the contract, you will return two signed copies of the contract to BHA. You will receive a fully executed original by mail.
- You will receive a Notice to Proceed. You may receive this at the same time that you receive the contract to print and sign. If the project will not begin immediately, the Notice to Proceed will be issued at a later date. BHA is not responsible for any work performed or materials ordered prior to the full execution of the Notice to Proceed.
- You will need to provide copies of business licenses, your W-9, and any other forms requested by BHA for your contract file.
- You will need to request a certificate of insurance with endorsements from your insurance agent. The certificate must comply with the requirements of the contract. The easiest way to ensure that this occurs is to provide the insurance provisions of the contract directly to your insurance agent.
- You will be contacted by the BHA project manager to begin work on the project.
In most cases, BHA will not sign the contractor's contract form. The contractor must agree to the contract provided by BHA once any mutually agreeable revisions have been made.