Basic Eligibility Requirements:
A responsible bidder/offeror must comply with the requirements of the issued solicitation. Once it has been determined by BHA that requirements are fulfilled, the responsible bidder/offeror must:
- Have adequate financial resources to perform the contract or the ability to obtain them;
- Be able to comply with the required or proposed delivery or performance schedule;
- Have a satisfactory performance record;
- Have a satisfactory record of integrity and business ethics;
- Have the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls and technical skills, or the ability to obtain them;
- Have the necessary production, construction, and technical equipment and facilities, or the ability to obtain them; and
- Be otherwise qualified and eligible to receive an award under applicable laws and regulations, including not be suspended, debarred, or under a HUD- or State-imposed Limited Denial of Participation.
The requirements for each project vary based on funding and the type of service being provided. The requirements for each project will be outlined in the solicitation documents issued by BHA. In general, the following licensing and insurance provisions are required:
- State of Washington Master Business or Legal Entity License issued by the Washington State Secretary of State.
- If the company is a sole proprietorship, this requirement does not apply.
- If the company is based out-of-state, a license issued by the state in which the company is based must be provided showing that the organization is authorized to conduct that business.
- City of Bremerton Business License:
- If the contractor's work is performed within the boundaries of the City of Bremerton, the contractor must have a City of Bremerton Business License.
- Contractor or Professional License:
- If the contracted services require a specific license, the contractor or consultant must provide a copy of the current license.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance - Required on most contracts
- Workers Compensation Coverage - Required on most contracts
- Automobile Coverage - Required on contracts where vehicles will be used regularly in the performance of the contract
- Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions) Coverage - Required when appropriate
- Fidelity Bond - Required when appropriate
- Builder's Risk Coverage - Required when appropriate
Bid, Performance and Payment Bonds:
- Bond requirements vary by solicitation and contract. If bonds are required, the solicitation issued by BHA will provide those details.